If life threatening, call 9-911 first.
List of trained people is attached to the AED in the Boatworks.
Large first aid kit in Boatworks w/ AED. Smaller ones thoughout the station.
The Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is in the Monterey Boat Works office.
AED use requires current AED/1st AID training.
If you have training, please see Freya Sommer about familiarizing yourself with our unit.
For AED/1st AID training, if you are not a diver, see American Red Cross
Call or have someone else call 911 [9-911 from phones in HMS buildings]
Send someone to meet EMS at gate
Send someone to get AED, first aid kit, and a trained provider [List on AED]
Initiate care for the ill or injured person. If breathing is absent, begin CPR
As soon as the AED arrives, stop CPR and begin AED use
Follow directions given by the AED until EMS arrives and takes over
Notify Judy as soon as possible after using the AED in an emergency
Hopkins Marine Station
120 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
We are across the street from the American Tin Cannery
Let the 911 people hang up first, they may have further questions.
See Section B1 - B6 in the telephone book for instructions
See American Red Cross for training opportunities.
Use face shield and gloves - risk of AIDS, Heptitus C, etc. [at each station]
Stanford approved kits contain:
- (100) Adhesive plastic bandages, 1″ x 3″
- (2) Knuckle fabric bandages
- (2) Fingertip fabric bandages
- (1) Conforming gauze roll, 3″
- (1) Triangular sling bandage
- (8) Gauze dressing pads, 3″ x 3″
- (1) Trauma pad, 5″ x 9″
- (42) BZK antiseptic towelettes
- (6) Antibiotic ointment packs
- (6) First aid/burn cream packs
- (1) Cold compress 4″ x 5″
- (1) First aid tape roll, 1/2″ x 10yd.
- (1) Scissors
- (1) Tweezers
- (4) Exam quality vinyl gloves, 2 pairs
- Emergency First Aid Guide
LOCATION OF FIRST AID KITS
Most labs and areas have 'boo-boo' kits for minor injuries (bandaids, etc).
Major trauma kits in the Boat Works office, the dive lockers, just inside the Denny lab (from the TRCC side), and the Loeb kitchen under the sink.